At last we have just about completed our field shelter.
Luckily the weather this last week was dry and we got the topsoil spread over the hard standing. The shelter is made up to two walls forming a T shape. So they have shelter from any direction that the wind may be blowing. We have used old telegraph poles buried 3 foot into the ground to support the 7ft high walls and the horses rubbing against them. The wooden panel wall is a division wall between two fields.
Key to something like this is drainage. We have put in a 6 inch diameter pipe down each side of the shelter and filled the trench full of stone to get maximum effect. Hopefully this will keep access area dry during the worst of the winter. I hope you can spot Nash taking in the sun and helping guide the fall of the pipe. If you can’t see him look again!